Does this sound familiar?
“I don’t have enough hours in the day. I’m barely getting by as it is. How can I possibly find the time to ______.”
I hear it every day. Trust me, time management is something I still struggle with too. However, I’ve learned that the secret to getting more time, is letting things go.
Let me repeat that:
The secret to getting more time, is letting things go.
When you’re stretched thin, the first step is to evaluate where you’re spending your time. That way, you’ll be able to identify what’s worth your precious energy and what isn’t.
- Am I constantly checking my email?
- Am I always on social media?
- Am I spending too much time watching TV shows that in reality don’t do anything for me?
- Am I working too hard on projects that in reality won’t benefit me or my career?
- Can I hire someone to help me (clean the house, cook, send emails, etc.) so that I have more time to utilize my talents and passions?
- Should I be working on my more difficult tasks in the morning?
- Do I spend time dreading activities?
- Is my commute to work taking longer than it should?
Let me give you an example from my own life and update you on IHML changes at the same time. (Note: It’s always good to kill two birds with one stone when you’re pressed for time!)
Last week, I decided that I’m ready to take my business to the next level (on every single level).
In order to do that, I enrolled in an amazing year-long program for women entrepreneurs – specifically coaches.
I had no doubts and knew that the program was for me, but I was well-aware that I was going to have to make some changes to have the time to even do it.
I want to grow in my business, but I also want to have time with my friends and family, for myself and I want to make sure that IHML is constantly what you need too.
So here are a few changes I’m implementing going forward:
Letting go of:
- No longer creating daily #heartables. I will continue to make them when I have something really important to share, but they will be posted on the Facebook page and here on the website.
- No longer sending out Friday newsletters. (All gratitude messages will be posted in the Facebook group. So be sure to join nearly 2,500 other IHML fans on the page so you don’t miss a thing!)
- Audio interviews only (no video) for the Spotlight Series.
- Changing coaching offerings/packages.
- Only checking/answering emails a few times a day.
Making room for:
- A juicier Monday newsletter for you (see below) I’m now including a “Look, Listen, Learn” section where I will share inspiring or insightful articles, videos or podcasts that will help you create a life you love. I’m continuing to include my “Stuff I Heart” section because I genuinely enjoy finding goodies to share with you.
- More online programs and webinars just for you.
- Taking one-on-one coaching to the next level (more on that later).
- Lots and lots of surprises!
So this week, if you find yourself craving more hours in the day, make your own letting go/making room list.
And if you want to share it, please comment below. Can’t wait to have a peek!