“You know, I believe that we can manifest, and I believe that our thoughts and words create our reality, but I also believe that life sometimes has a different agenda and it’s not anything that you could predict, but it’s exactly what you need. And I think that’s what we’ve been shown, and we’ve been shown more and more and more to just be in trust instead of resistant to what’s currently happening.” – Emily
DURING THIS EPISODE
James joins me to share what was happening behind the scenes of our move from London to Los Angeles. We talk about the unexpected turns, how we worked through challenges, and lessons learned.
MOVING TO CALIFORNIA
- How the back and forth from the US to the UK was taking it’s toll
- Why we just picked a date because there would never be a “perfect time”
- Why the opportunities to participate in more masterminds and conferences influenced our decision
- How the move allowed James to get clear on what his lane was and how to better leverage it
LETTING GO OF PREDICTABILITY
- Acknowledging that maybe there’s another opportunity or another direction or another path to get to the same result
- Accepting that although you can manifest and make anything happen, the route to get there isn’t something you’ve always got control over
- Realizing that predictability isn’t a requirement for happiness, productivity, and the ability to move forward
- Recognizing in a moment of resistance that this is happening “for” you
LOOKING FOR THE LESSON IN THE CHALLENGE
- This move helped sharpen our discernment skills to know whether to keep pushing or release something
- The lesson for James was that you can design the outcome of the life that you want, but the route there can be testing
- My lesson was a lesson in trust
- Challenges are the lessons we need to learn and make us who we are
ABOUT THE I HEART MY LIFE SHOW
Tune into the I Heart My Life Show with Success Coach Emily Williams to learn how to design a life you love, manifest more success and wealth, move past fear and blocks and create joy in your life and business. Emily and her world-renowned guests will help you create a life that’s better than your dreams and give you tangible action steps to get there — quickly. She’ll cut through the fluff and share what’s worked for her and the world’s most successful people. She believes that success is an inside job — not just about another strategy. The I Heart My Life Show will help you finally heart your life, experience extraordinary success, make more money, live according to your own desires and give you permission to go after what you really want.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
DID YOU GET YOUR I HEART MY LIFE LIVE TICKET?
Join us for 3-days of inspiration, learning and world-class speakers happening in San Diego, California on January 10-12.